Virtual A5000 turns your Windows PC (Windows 2000 or later) into an accurate model of an expanded Acorn A5000 computer with 16MB of RAM. VirtualA5000 is ready to go with everything pre-configured. The RISC OS !Boot sequence with the latest components is included. No configuration required, just install it and run it. You could be running RISC OS on your PC in under 5 minutes.
Please note that this product does NOT require an unlock/activation code. It will run immediately after it's been installed without you having to contact VirtualAcorn.
- RISC OS 3.11 operating system as used in the real Acorn A5000.
- Directly read Acorn format floppy discs (requires an internal floppy disc drive, not USB).
- Directly read Acorn format CD ROMS.
- "ColourCard" style graphics acceleration.
- Complete VirtualAcorn user guide in html.
- HostFS and Virtual ADFS hard disk drive with the latest universal !Boot sequence.
- Bundled ROM based applications such as !Paint and !Draw.
- Unlimited hard disk sizes using the HostFS filing system.
- Supports 16Mb of RAM (the same as a fully expanded A5000).
- Support for 800x600 256 colour and 1024x768 16 colour screen modes.
- Full versions of Ovation and Impression Junior.
- Sample software pack of games and desktop applications.
- Pre-configured memory settings which allow VirtualA5000 to run "out of the box".
- Runs the same software as a 'real' Acorn A5000.
- Access to the many thousands of RISC OS applications available.
- One year (from date of purchase) technical support via phone/e-mail.
Minimum specification of your computer to run VirtualA5000 is:
- 1 Ghz processor - supports single core, dual, quad etc
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- 512Mb of RAM.
- 100Mb of free hard drive space.
- Three button mouse (scroll mice have three buttons, just click down on the scroll wheel) or keyboard with 'Menu' key (third key to the right of space on a standard keyboard).
- 32Mb DirectX compatible Graphics card with hardware 2D acceleration.