3QD Developments Ltd
The websites www.apdl.org.uk, www.virtualacorn.co.uk and www.riscos.com are owned and operated by:
3QD Developments Ltd
29 Alma Road
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
What information do we collect
In the normal operation of our business we collect and hold the following information:
- Your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
- Records of any orders you have placed with us.
- Records of the dates and amounts of any payments you have made to us.
- Records of any communications we have sent to you.
- Anonymous information about your use of this site such as pages viewed. Such information may include traffic data, location data and other data that is processed by Google Analytics.
We will retain some or all of this information for as long as we need in order to fulfil our legal obligations and to service any request you make of us.
We don't collect or hold any of the following information:
- Bank account or debit/credit card details.
- Any other financial information.
- Information from any third party website you visit.
What do we do with the information we collect
We use the data you provide to service any request you make of us. This could include:
- To reply to an e-mail you have sent us.
- To process an order and send you goods you have requested.
- To arrange a third party (such as a courier) to deliver goods to your address.
- To arrange for one of our suppliers to send goods directly to your address.
- To contact you by email or phone in relation to an enquiry, order or complaint.
- To provide you with printed/printable receipts for an orders you have placed.
- To provide you with links so that any digital purchases you have made can be downloaded.
- To provide any post purchase information (such as technical support) that may be required to support your purchase.
- To process any product activation requests should any product you purchase require activation/unlocking.
- To update you with regard to the process of an order.
In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- If requested: To provide you with information relating to other 3QD Developments Ltd products or services.
- If requested: To inform you of any updates that have been made to any products that you have purchased from us.
We only collect the data that we need for the service you have requested. For example, if you e-mail us and ask for a reply we will use your e-mail address and (optionally) your name for the reply. We won't need to collect any further information unless you request another service that requires said information.
Storing your information
We only retain information for as long as we need in order to fulfil our obligations.
Example 1: If you e-mail us to ask a question we will use your name and e-mail address to send a reply. We will keep a record of our reply but we will not add your e-mail to an address book or to a mailing list or use it to contact you in any way unless you request it.
Example 2: If you purchase a product from us we will only store information that's required for us to service any future requests you make to us relating to said product.
Example 3: If you request a VirtualAcorn unlock code using the 'RUCHS' service the information you provide will be held on our server until the request is processed. While the information is stored it is encrypted using a 256bit algorythm and held in a secure folder. Once the unlock code request has been processed by our staff a copy of the information you provided and your unlock code will be e-mailed to you and a copy of this e-mail sent to us. Your data on the server is then permanently deleted.
Example 4: If you order any products via one of our websites which uses the RISCWares content delivery system a copy of your order information will be held on our server. This information will be encrypted using a 256bit algorythm and held in a secure folder. RISCWares will e-mail you a unique link which can be used to display the contents of your order, to download any digital purchases or to print a receipt. We will hold this information for a minimum of 28 days.
Example 5: The HMRC regulations mean that we need to keep accounts records for at least seven years so we may keep your name and the total cost of an order far longer than we keep a record of your postal address.
Securing your information
We are fully committed to preventing any unauthorised access, loss or destruction of your personal data. We take a number of actions to protect this information however we cannot guarantee that information you send to us is not intercepted before it arrives here. For example, a trojan installed on your computer could keep a record of all your key presses so that an unauthorised third party might obtain a record of an e-mail you send to us. We can only take action to protect your information once we receive it or where we have full control over the process that handles the submission of said information.
The safeguards we take to secure your information include encryption, restricting access, checking accuracy and staff training in data handling. These methods are designed to protect (but cannot guarantee) your information against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information.
Information from our web sites is transmitted to us securely over the internet using encryption (for example https://). Personal information that you supply to us that is stored on our servers is encrypted using 256bit standards and is stored in special 'locked' folders. We ensure that any such information is only kept as long as it is needed.
We are based in England in the United Kingdom and under normal circumstances your data will be held either at our offices in the UK, or on a server operated by our hosting company based in the UK. Any information that is held in our premises is done so with appropriate technical and organisational measures.
We use two types of cookies. The cookies that are Strictly Necessary for the correct operation of this website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket or where you are in the order process.
- Remember account details so that information on previous orders, forum postings etc can be retrieved when you request them.
- Remember information you have provided related to any online services and ensure that your session is secure.
- Remember your preferences for the handling of cookies.
The cookies that are not Strictly Necessary for the correct operation of our websites will:
- Anonymously track the pages that you visit via Google Analytics.
- Hold anonymous technical information such as your IP address, browser type, demographic, interests, location and pages you have visited.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline or delete any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by changing the cookie handling settings in your browser. However, our websites will not function correctly if you reject any Strictly Necessary cookies. Without the Strictly Necessary cookies you may not be able to place any orders or use any on-line services (such as requesting an unlock code request using RUCHS).
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- Where requested by a financial organisation for fraud protection.
- Where we need to provide your details to a courier who needs to deliver your order.
- Where we need to provide your details to one of our suppliers to us to help run our business.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
You always have the following rights relating to your information:
- Access: You can request a copy of the information we hold (called a Subject Access Request) by contacting us.
- Correction: You can correct any errors in the information we hold by contacting us.
- Erasure: You can request your personal data to be erased by contacting us.
- Restriction: You can request that we do not use your data for marketing or some other purposes.
- Objection: You can object to the processing of your data by contacting us at any time.
- Complaint: You can complain to the supervisory authority (ICO) if you are unhappy with our response to any request you make relating to your data.
Please be aware that we will always respect your requests but we may not be able to process any orders, send you any product information, generate any unlock codes, process any refunds, generate download links or provide other services to you if you ask us to erase some or all of your information.
To exercise any of these rights or to discuss them in further detail please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to confirm your identity and we may ask for some proof of this identity.
3QD Developments Ltd - 22nd of May 2018